1. When Zack Snyder’s beefcake circus 300 became a worldwide hit in the spring of 2007, Snyder established himself as the cinema’s leading poet of homoeroticism.
2. I mean…
Abs on parade!
4. Because why not work in leather briefs all day?
5. Hello there, Xerxes! Way to make the barely veiled homoerotic subtext into simply text!
6. Snyder even recognized the erotic power of Michael Fassbender’s gams well before the rest of the world.
7. And Fassbender’s suggestive smile.
8. And Fassbender’s powerful sense of male camaraderie.
Needless to say, the man of steel is impressed.
Who wouldn’t be?
10. Next, Snyder tackled Watchmen, featuring the not-so-subtly gay character Ozymandias (Matthew Goode), and his no-so-subtly nippled superhero costume.
11. Snyder branched out to female homoeroticism when he had The Silhouette embrace a nurse celebrating the end of WWII.
In the film’s opening credits, no less.
12. But really, this movie was all about Dr. Manhattan (Billy Crudup) and his physically perfect — and very naked — body.
14. Yes, Dr. Manhattan’s glowing blue peen was part of Alan Moore’s graphic novel. But by all reports, Snyder insisted that it be in the film.
Because Zack Snyder knows what he is doing.
16. …this is a man of steel.
18. In fact, there are plenty of examples of Henry Cavill’s something-for-everyone appeal in Man of Steel, so let’s just drink in this image of him surrounded by pipes and even more flames.
Aw, Superman’s shy now!
And it’s adorable.
19. And while Snyder’s oeuvre has been focused mostly on the glories of the male form, Sucker Punch is pretty much all ladies, all the time.
Yup. Henry Cavill approves!
22. Even the owls in Zack Snyder’s animated Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole are getting close and cozy!
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- It could take more than a year for Volkswagen to fix all its cars with diesel engines rigged to evade emissions tests, the company's U.S. CEO said. ›