1. This is Huckleberry, winner of the 34th Annual Beautiful Bulldog Contest at Drake University. There are a few similar contests, but Drake’s is the original—which makes Huckleberry the official most beautiful bulldog in the world.
2. Huckleberry is from Norwalk, Iowa. Judges deemed him more adorable than 49 drooling contenders from around the world.
3. To win, Huckleberry had to defeat this merry band of pirates…
4. …also the Dog of Steel.
5. This is “Zeus.” It was all Greek to him.
6. No Cats in Hats were allowed…but Dr. Seuss’ “Thing 2” made it in.
7. This guy didn’t win, but maybe he can land a guest spot on ABC’s “Shark Tank.”
8. Ankle poms were hot canine couture this year.
9. Pretty in pink…
10. The crowd went wild for every contestant…
but, in the end, only one could wear the crown. Most bulldogs took the loss fairly well…
11. …Even this little ray of sunshine.
12. CONGRATULATIONS, HUCKLEBERRY!
We love you!