1. Echoliliah is a series of photographs taken by Timothy Archibald in collaboration with his son Elijah while he was between the ages of five and seven.
2. The process involved turning over the creative direction to Elijah, which allowed Archibald to take photos that had a sense of discovery. Archibald also describes his son as behaving in a way that he couldn’t make sense of.
3. After the project began, Elijah was diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum. Archibald describes him as a communicator, but also having a fascination with doors, gears, and things with a repeating ritual.
4. According to Archibald, the project became “the search to understand what makes [Elijah] tick… with his unique way of being in the word.”
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›