1. You do this every time you pass by an outdoor clothing shop.
While your friends are outside Macy’s on Black Friday, you’ll be stalking the entrance to Columbia.
2. You’ve begun hoarding.
Smaug is to gold, as you are to these mini mitten campfires.
3. You are compulsively checking weather forecasts.
IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR A BIT OF FROZEN, FLUFFY PRECIPITATION?
4. This is in your jacket pocket.
Tastes like dreams. Especially in higher altitudes.
This as well. (All of which have been in your jacket since March, April, or whenever you last hit the slopes)
The ultimate cure for dry, wind-burned lips.
5. You spend all your free time looking at new gear online.
K2, Burton, Nordica, Elan, Volcom, Atomic, Völkl… all those sparkly, new, shiny, ski and boards…
But you have a strong attachment to your old skis and board.
You guys have been through so much.
6. You already bought your season pass.
It was so expensive even with your student discount. But you can live off ramen during the winter…
7. You’ve been looking up new tricks to try.
OH MAN WILL YOUR IRON CROSS BE ON POINT.
9. You get excited anytime you hear a mechanical whirring sound because it reminds you of this
Or if you’re short, anytime you sit at a high table.