Lemon Pepper Wings
1½ pounds chicken wings
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 lemons (zest of 1, juice both)
¼ cup salted butter
1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
½ teaspoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 250˚F/130˚C.
2. Place wings in a large bowl and pat dry.
3. Add the baking powder and salt to the wings. Stir to coat.
4. Spray a baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on top of a foiled sheet pan. Distribute wings evenly on top, making sure none of them touch.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, then increase the temperature to 425˚F/220˚C and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until wings are crisp and golden. (Do not remove the wings from the oven when increasing temperature.)
6. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
7. Whisk in the lemon juice, zest, and honey. Once the mixture starts bubbling, add in the pepper.
8. Whisk until the mixture is slightly reduced and thicker.
9. Add the wings to the pot and stir.
10. Garnish with minced parsley and lemon slices.