1. Wildcat Welcome!!
2. Meeting your PA and your PA Group!!
3. Hot Cookie Bar!
4. The re-opening of Seeley G. Mudd Library
5. Munchies in your Res Hall
6. Giving Willie a high-five at a sporting event
7. Learning the New Student Dance!
8. Familiarizing yourself with Chicago's public transportation options
9. Studying at Fran's and getting late night snacks
We recommend the quesadillas
10. Sun-bathing on the Lakefill
11. Getting tons of free t-shirts, hats, and more at NU sporting events
12. Walking up the stairs to Kresge when they are #lit
13. Going swimming at the beach (North or South!)
14. Wildcat Welcome pop-up events
Free cookies, handwarmers, fanny packs, snow cones....the list goes on
15. Wearing fanny packs on Dillo Day
16. Going to your first Dillo Day!
17. Learning the Northwestern Fight Song
Go U Northwestern...
18. Learning Northwestern's Alma Mater
Hail to Purple, Hail to White...
19. Big Bite Night in Evanston
20. Getting Starbucks or Dunkin' in Norris Student Center
21. Going to the Art Institute, Museum of Modern Art, and so many other places in Chicago for FREE with your Wildcard
22. Snagging student discounts for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Lyric Opera concerts
23. Learning how to navigate the Technological Institute
Alternatively, getting lost and finding your way out of Tech
24. Marching through the Arch
25. Marching out of the Arch
A nostalgic senior week tradition!
26. Catching a sunrise over Lake Michigan
27. Learning NU sporting traditions
It's time to move the chain! GO U, NU
28. Watching amazing live music acts courtesy of student production groups
29. Painting a rock on the Lakefill
30. Guarding and painting THE Rock
31. Joining in the primal scream before your first finals week
32. Finding an excuse to walk alongside the Lakefill on your way to class
33. Figuring out your personal campus shortcuts
Ford Lawn? Cutting through Locy/Fisk?
34. The first warm day of Spring on campus
35. Rocking your NU gear :)
37. Studying in Deering Library
Kinda looks like Hogwarts
38. Waving to people you know along Sheridan road!
39. Late night food in Plex (the Foster-Walker complex)
40. NU Day at Wrigley
41. Chris Carter (the mentalist)
Classic Wildcat Welcome entertainment
42. Residential Hall formals
43. Checking out the Ba'hai Temple
It's the only one on the continent!
44. Playing a pickup game with your friends
45. Watching one of Northwestern's many a cappella groups perform
46. Going to an improv comedy show
47. Going to a student film premiere
48. Winning an intramural championship and getting a free t-shirt
49. Seeing one of many cool speakers that various student groups bring to campus
50. Petting therapy dogs during free exam relief events
51. Wearing purple every Friday for #PurpleFridays
52. Taking the free Intercampus shuttle to the heart of Downtown Chicago
53. Riding the L or Metra trains to get anywhere in the city
54. Taking a class that blows your mind
55. Seeing a student theater production
There are usually two or three or four shows any given weekend!
56. Joining a club to cultivate a new interest
57. Exercising your creative muscles in ARTica
An artistic haven tucked within Norris University Center!
58. Taking a nap in the Norris egg chairs
59. Visiting the Block Museum
An incredible art museum located on campus!
60. Getting your photo taken by Justin Barbin at an event
61. Celebrating your first Homecoming at Northwestern!
62. Finding your favorite place to eat on-campus
63. Finding your study spot
64. Creating an amazing dining hall concoction
65. Defining what purple means to you
66. Late night food runs in downtown Evanston
67. Riding a bike, walking, or running by the Lake
68. Visiting the Chicago Botanic Gardens or the Lincoln Park Zoo for FREE
69. Playing with the butterflies at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
70. Taking a picture with Willie the Wildcat
71. Going to Six Flags Great America for FREE during Wildcat Welcome
72. Ice Skating at Norris during Winter quarter
73. Studying (or wandering) around the new Kellogg Global Hub
74. Playing frisbee, taking a nap, or studying on Deering Meadow
75. Finding your sunny spot on campus
76. Exploring different Chicago neighborhoods, like Pilsen or Wicker Park
Stayed tuned for our Chicago video!
77. Eating frozen custard from Andy's!
78. Finding the echo spot near Annie May Swift Hall
79. Starting your first day at Northwestern!
80. Getting a purple paw print painted on your face for game day!
81. Moving into your residence hall (with the help of Peer Advisers)!
82. Finding your way around campus...
with the help of our handy-dandy map!
83. Having a bon(d)fire at the Lakefill fire pit!
84. Attending your first lecture at Northwestern!
85. Studying abroad if that ~floats your boat~
86. Cheering on the 'Cats at a football game at Ryan Field!
87. Taking your class photo!
88. Participating in the hot-dog eating contest during the New Student Tailgate!
89. Being a part of the Wildcat Dash across Ryan Field during Wildcat Welcome!
90. Meeting people at Norris! #MeetMeAtNorris
91. Connecting with a professor in a class that you’re passionate about
92. Declaring your major!
93. Meeting and making new friends!
94. Finding the Shakespeare Garden!
95. Admiring the colorful trees on the sides of Sheridan Road during the fall.
96. Taking an Insta' inside of the S.S. Bienen (the Bienen School of Music building)!
97. Norris at Night during Wildcat Welcome!
98. Taking a selfie in front of the "Bean" at Millennium Park in downtown Chicago!
99. Getting your class shirt!
100. Finding your True Northwestern!
Because your way of doing Northwestern is the best way for you :)