1) When Diamond White put an end to "You sure you're just black?"
2) When Yara Shadi defined cool
3) When Amandla Stenburg reminded us of the importance of role models
4) When Jessica Williams shed light on the stand your ground law
5) When Michael Jackson reminded us that he "aint scared of no sheets"
6) When Solange and Janelle Monae reminded us of the importance of sisterhood in the black power movement
7) When Viola Davis defined new segregation
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!