Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
Here's a video on how to make it:
1 box chocolate cake mix
¾ cup dry red wine
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup dark chocolate, melted
1 cup softened butter
3 ½-4 cups powdered sugar
½ cup dry red wine
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Combine cake mix, eggs, olive oil, and chocolate in a mixing bowl.
2. Bake according to package directions in lined mini muffin tins. Allow to cool completely.
3. In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in ½ cup red wine, until dissolved.
4. Allow to simmer until reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will yield a few tablespoons of red wine syrup.
5. Combine powdered sugar and butter until fluffy, using a hand mixer. Slowly add the wine syrup and blend to combine.
6. Using a piping bag or plastic storage bag, frost the cupcakes.