Blueberry Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches -
Blueberry swirl ice cream:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream
¾ cup fresh blueberries, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup waffle/pancake mix
¾ cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
⅓ cup fresh blueberries
1. Over medium heat, cook ¼ cup blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Lightly mash
blueberries and continue to cook. Fruit should be thick and shiny (about 4–5 minutes).
Remove from heat and add remaining ½ cup blueberries. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Whip cream until stiff and add vanilla, then fold in condensed milk. Pour ½ into a loaf pan
and add ½ of the blueberry compote. Top with remaining cream and then finish with
blueberry compote. Using the handle of a long spoon, carefully swirl compote into the
cream, making a nice swirl pattern and lightly combining ingredients. Cover and freeze
for at least 8 hours.
3. Heat a waffle iron on its highest setting and lightly spray with oil. Carefully pour about (1)
ladle of batter onto iron and close. Cook waffles until golden brown. (Can cook longer if
you desire a crispier waffle.)
4. Set aside waffles and cut into quarter pieces (should have 16 quarter pieces).
5. Place (1) scoop of ice cream between (2) waffles and serve immediately.