1. As even literature’s most celebrated authors know, working on longer pieces can make you want to do this sometimes.
And listening to most kinds of music as you write is just going to screw up your focus even more. The key to scoring a block of time spent hunched over your keyboard is sticking to lyrically sparse tracks. Ambient music is great for this – it provides an interesting backdrop for your words, but doesn’t crowd them out with someone else’s. The following playlist will engage your ears without distracting you from your literary or scholarly pursuits, leaving you free to pen your masterwork. Press play and before you know it, you’ll be all like:
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- President-elect Donald Trump has picked former WWE CEO Linda McMahon to lead the Small Business Administration.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- This dad had the most adorable freak out to his family when he met his first alpaca 😂