1. If you’re a person who wears cosmetics, you’ve likely heard a man say some version of the following:
“What takes you so long to put on your makeup? It can’t be THAT hard!” Ugh. Since beautifying oneself is so quickly and easily accomplished in the minds of many men, BuzzFeed challenged five of them to put on a full face of cosmetics in 10 minutes or less. They were each asked to use foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. The bros were also made to swear on a stack of false eyelashes that they’d never done makeup before. And after seeing their artistry, you’ll probably believe them.
2. So what did these handsome fellows have to teach us about time-efficient makeup application?
Well, just WATCH AND LEARN, LADIES.
3. First, distribute your foundation evenly with the end of an eyeliner pencil.
Don’t you love finding ways for your products to do double duty? This is going to save you SO much time in the morning, trust.
4. Brush your cheek color onto the lowest possible part of your face, ideally just above your jaw.
Remember, you’re trying to “fool the eye” by creating the illusion of naturally rosy jowls. Contouring is important!
5. Open your mouth as widely as possible in order to ensure proper mascara application.
Wait, we already do this. Carry on.
6. Use eyeshadow and liner to achieve a glamorous postmortem look.
7. Definitely take some liberties with your lip lines.
Charlie here is going for an Angelina kind of thing, I think. Personally, I can hardly tell the difference.
8. And check your work in a mirror throughout to make sure you’re not overdoing it.
Then again, is there really such a thing? More is more, according to these beauties.
9. The final results are monstrous, of course, but in a very endearing way.
Just look at these covergirls. So much sass.
10. And the individual before and after shots are something else entirely. Isn’t it amazing what a difference a little lipstick can make?
All images via Macey J. Foronda for BuzzFeed.
- Canada's Conservatives just voted to get rid of a party policy opposing gay marriage 🇨🇦
- Dozens were arrested at a Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.