1. Here is Vanessa Hudgens at this year’s Coachella. She chose some, er, interesting accessories.
If you take “interesting” to mean culturally insensitive. While the “fashion bindi” is, of course, nothing new, one would think that in 2013, celebrities might be a little more aware of the potentially offensive impact of their oh-so-exotic fashion choices — just this week, Hudgens’ Spring Breakers co-star Selena Gomez was criticized for wearing her own bindi to the MTV Movie Awards. Bindis are traditionally worn by people of South Asian descent, often for religious purposes. Pretty sure those reasons don’t apply to these two.
2. And here’s a bonus shot of Hudgens’s bindi.
Maybe skip these kinds of accessories when crafting the perfect “boho” look for next year’s festival, dude.
- Thursday's vote on the GOP health care bill in the House was postponed after it became clear too many Republicans opposed the Obamacare replacement.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- Rep. Devin Nunes' claims about Trump surveillance has threatened the ability for intelligence committees to work together — one of the longest bipartisan traditions on the Hill.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.