1. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint
These are marketed as tints, but apply more like lipsticks (and incredibly good ones, at that). I use “Exposed,” the pinky-neutral shade, almost daily. The entire line of Tarte products is naturally formulated and packaged in recycled or post-consumer recyclable materials, so any of their products are a great way for someone looking to enhance the eco-friendliness of their daily routine.
2. Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream
A portion of sales from this cream go to 1% for the Planet, an organization which pairs businesses with environmental charities and its packaging comes from recycled materials. Even better, though? The cream itself feels like the Platonic ideal of a moisturizer — it’s calming, non-oily, hydrating, and generally delightful in all ways. Highly recommended.
3. Urban Decay Good Karma Brushes
Urban Decay provides its customers with certified cruelty-free products that are never tested on animals, and, like this brush line, many of them are vegan, as well. These come in boxes made out of recycled egg cartons and the brushes themselves are made entirely from recycled materials including PET bottles, so you can rest assured you’re not brushing weird animal hair on your face.
4. Juice Beauty Organically Gorgeous Lip Set
This company basically does everything they possibly can to make amazing skincare products while helping the environment out in the process. The first time I used their face wash, I was actually amazed by the way my skin shone afterward, and every other product I’ve tried of theirs has been equally great. Plus, 5% of the profits from this set will be donated to The Organic Center, which promotes the environmental benefits of organic food.
6. Lush Squeaky Green Shampoo Bar
Oh, your line uses recycled packaging? Cool. Lush shampoo bars have no packagaing at all, so they’ve got pretty much everyone else beaten in that respect. They not only use natural ingredients, but also give to diverse charities that promote environmental initiatives, and work to fight animal testing. They also make some of the best-smelling products in the world.
7. BareMinerals READY Bronzer
As you might guess from the company’s name, BareMinerals doesn’t use synthetic ingredients in their products, which includes this dope bronzer. Given its formulation, it’s only fitting that this powder looks totally natural on your face, too.
8. Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick
Vapour uses a minimum of 70% organic ingredients to make each of their awesome products, my favorite of which is this lipstick. And it’s not like the remaining 30% is toxic waste harvested from radioactive dumpsters — they use natural vitamins and mineral pigments. Other great stuff: the line isn’t animal tested, uses recyclable packaging, and supports organic farming. Also it will look totally sexy on your face.
9. Burt’s Bees Cranberry & Pomegranate Replenishing Body Bar
This 100% natural soap comes from a company that has dedicated itself to environmental protection and awareness since it was founded in 1984. All of their products are at least 99% natural, and they donate profits to many environmental causes. Also, you can get this stuff in plenty of drugstores, so you can reduce waste even further by forgoing shipping packaging.
10. Korres Zea Mays Blush
Pink is better when it’s green, too. This super-pigmented blush comes from a company that works with microfarmers and agricultural unions to source ingredients from small farms instead of big agribusinesses. They also make their products using 100% reusable energy.
11. Aveda Damage Remedy Kit
Aveda is one of the biggest environmentally-responsible beauty companies — in 1989, they became the first one to sign with the CERES principles, a set of rules for creating products in an earth-conscious way, and they’re the only cosmetics and health company to be 100% wind-powered. As someone with colored and slightly heat-damaged hair, I’ve always found their haircare products to be excellent in terms of hydration and split end control, so you can save your hair AND the planet with this stuff.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.