4 cups chopped apples, such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup butter, cut into slices
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, add the apples, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, spices, and salt.
3, Mix to combine and stir for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
4. Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
5. Sprinkle the box cake mix over the apple filling.
6. Add the nuts and evenly distribute the sliced butter over the top to ensure even baking.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the top is golden brown.
8. Serve warm with ice cream!