We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us what advice they had for first-time mums. Here are some of their responses.
1. You can't predict your labour.
2. All that matters is the baby is being fed.
3. Be prepared to do a load of baby laundry every day.
4. Sleep or rest when the baby sleeps.
5. Check your baby's temperature.
6. Trust your instincts.
7. Take pictures.
8. You're going to have some bad days, and it's OK!
9. Not every person gets that rush of love when they give birth.
10. Don't do the "who is more tired" game with your partner.
11. Take care of yourself first.
12. Be careful when changing baby boys.
13. It doesn’t last forever.
14. Every baby is different.
15. Other parents lie.
16. Don't be ashamed of your body.
17. You're doing just great.
Some responses have been edited for clarity.