1. Chicken Noodle Soup -- Take an Icy Plunge
Who says a polar bear plunge is a New Year's-only activity? Gather some other bold souls and brave the icy water for just 10 minutes to burn off lunch!
2. Grilled Cheese -- Hit the Bowling Alley
Go bowling for an afternoon. Two and a half hours of spares and strikes will torch more calories than a four-mile jog!
3. Glazed Doughnut -- Get Your Curl On
Grab your buddies, brooms, and rocks and hit up a frozen river for an hour of curling action!
4. Fruit, Granola, and Yogurt Parfait -- Grab a Stick and Puck
Keep your heart rate up with a 30-minute game of hockey. Friendly competition encouraged!
5. Fruit Smoothie -- Do Sit-ups While Binge-watching TV
You can fit in 25 minutes of sit-ups during an 8-hour TV binge session! Exercise AND a guilty pleasure!
6. Turkey Club -- Give a Lil Massage
Put on some soothing music and treat your family or friends to back and neck massages for an hour and a half. Be sure to ask someone to return the favour later!
7. Latte -- Dance All Day, Err Day
Blast some tunes and bust a move for 25 minutes! Headphones not required if you have the house to yourself!
8. Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a Muffin -- Go Bum Sliding
What's better than sledding? 45 minutes of BUM SLIDING. And you won't mind having to run up the hill knowing you can zoom right back down it!
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie -- Ice Skate With Your Boo
Skip movie night and take your honey out for a 30-minute romantic spin on the ice instead!
10. Potato Chips -- Shop 'Til Ya Drop
Hit the sales around town or the mall for three hours -- and each outfit you try on will add to the burn!
11. Beef Chili -- Chop Some Mad Wood
Chopping wood for 45 minutes is a doozy of a workout -- and watching that crackling fire as the snow falls outside will be just as satisfying a reward.
Pick a fun activity and get moving! And make sure you're eating sensibly to begin with at Tim Hortons.
All images via Thinkstock