Smoked Peach Single Malt Whisky
12 ounces wood chips and chunks
5-6 ripe large peaches
¼ cup sugar
1½ ounces The Singleton Single Malt
Fresh peach (garnish)
1. Soak wood chips at least 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Place in a baking pan and cover tightly with heavy duty foil. Puncture foil and place on grill over medium-high heat. Close grill lid.
3. Allow chips to smoke (should take about 1 hour), then place peaches on top of foil.
4. Close lid and continue to smoke about 45 minutes. Peaches should be lightly charred and soft.
5. Remove from grill and cool. Place in a blender and pulse until smooth.
6. Strain through cheesecloth. Place in a saucepan and add sugar, and allow to simmer (over medium heat) about 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
7. Pour 1½ ounces of The Singleton Single Malt over ice, add 1 tablespoon of peach sauce and garnish with fresh peach slices.
** Smoked almonds** Wrap two roasted almonds in heavy duty foil packet, puncture with a knife and place on a pan on the grill once wood chips are smoking. Remove with peaches, cool and serve with cocktails.