* 1 cup pumpkin purée
* 1⁄3 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups flour
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt
* 1⁄4 cup melted butter Vegetable oil, for frying
* Caramel Glaze
* 1 cup warm caramel
* Chocolate Glaze
* 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
* 2 tablespoons cocoa powder 2 tablespoons milk
* Spiced Sugar
* 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Fold dry ingredients into the wet. Mixture will be very thick and floury. Add in melted butter and stir until everything is incorporated.
4. Heat 2–3 inches of vegetable oil in a pot to 320oF. Use a small scoop to drop scoops of dough into the oil. Cook donuts for 5 minutes, flipping and stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. Caramel: Use a fork to roll donut holes in the caramel.
6. Chocolate: Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in milk until a smooth glaze forms. Use a fork to roll donut holes in the caramel.
7. Spiced Sugar: Whisk powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice together. Roll donut holes in spiced sugar.