Kung Pao Chicken And Garlic Butter Fries
Kung Pao chicken:
3–4 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 dried chiles, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
Scallions for garnish
1. Place chicken wings in ActiFry with paddle in a single layer. Lightly drizzle with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook for 30 minutes or until wings are brown and crisp (may require two cooking rounds).
2. To make Kung Pao sauce combine remaining oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chiles. Add to ActiFry over chicken and cook. Or, in a saucepan over medium-high heat combine and cook for about three minutes until reduced and thick, then toss wings.
3. Garnish with chopped peanuts and chopped scallions.
Garlic butter fries:
4 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced.
1. Peel and slice potatoes into fries, rinse several times until water is clear with no starch remaining. Place on towels and dry well.
2. Place fries in a single layer in ActiFry with paddle and cook for 25 minutes or until fries are brown and crispy.
3. To make garlic butter coating, combine melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic, then add to ActiFry and cook until evenly coated. Or, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add soy sauce and garlic, then toss fries in butter and serve immediately.