Spending the holidays with your in-laws can be one of two things: It can be a cozy, cute bonding time.
Or it can be the impetus for a full-on, existential crisis.
Regardless of what this time of year has in store for you, you can improve your time with your in-laws with this fun little drinking game. (The number of emoji = the number of drinks to take.) So get ready to drink each time...
• Someone asks, "Are you sure you're not hungry?": 🍺
• There's a weird-ass holiday tradition that they can't even explain: 🍺
• You witness a bit of family lore/legend: 🍷
• You can't tell if someone is wearing an ugly sweater ironically or not: 🍹
• You get stuck in a conversation with a cousin whose name you CANNOT remember: 🍹
• You still have to sleep in separate rooms: 🍻
• You're in the same room as an awkward family fight: 🍷🍷
• You eat a mysterious family recipe just to be polite: 🍹🍹
• You're told an AMAZING childhood story about your SO: 🍺🍺
• They reference so many in-jokes that you feel like they're speaking another language: 🍷🍷
• You become part of a family inside joke: 🍺🍺🍺
• You have sex in your partner's childhood bed: 🍹🍹🍹
• Someone brings up your partner's ex: 🍷🍷🍷
• You realize you might like them more than your family: 🍹🍹
• Someone tells you they like you more than your partner: 🍻🍻
• Someone pulls you aside and starts gossiping about everyone: 🍻🍻🍻
• You vow to bring both families together for next year's holiday: 🍻
• They genuinely welcome you to the family: pop some champagne 🍾🍾🍾