1. Like many couples, Lindsay Stamhuis and Aidan Hailes know everything about each other’s sleep habits. For them, the biggest issue is Hailes’ sleep talking.
2. Hailes told BuzzFeed Life that he has talked in his sleep for his entire life.
Stamhuis noticed it right after the couple started dating in 2003, but it didn’t make Hailes self-conscious.
“I wasn’t embarrassed at all because I seem to eject gold when I’m sleeping,” he said.
3. Two years ago, Stamhuis began texting her husband everything he said after he fell asleep. The result is a hilarious look into Hailes’ nocturnal mind.
4. “I always thought it was hilarious and I tried to coax as much out of him as I could from the very beginning,” Stamhuis told BuzzFeed Life.
She added that it was “a really fine line between coaxing more funny stuff out of him and waking him up.”
9. Stamhuis said one of her favorite exchanges was the below conversation about her husband “being Belgian.”
Stamhuis said another favorite moment, which she didn’t record, was when Hailes talked about being an MMA fighter. She said it made her laugh so hard that it woke Hailes up.
“He started talking about how he and I were sparring partners,” she said. “I asked him what he meant and he replied, ‘You know, like fighting.’ He lifted his hand and struck me on the nose with the back of his closed fist, very gently. He even said ‘boop’ as he did it.”
11. The sleep talking doesn’t annoy Stamhuis, but it does indicate if Hailes is particularly stressed.
“Over the holidays things have been pretty quiet,” she said. “I don’t wish for him to be super stressed out or anything, but I’m kind of looking forward to seeing if being back at work will mean he talks more.”
13. For his part, Hailes isn’t embarrassed in the least. “I’m just glad I can make her laugh, even if it’s in my sleep,” he said.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝