1. Geode wedding cakes are having a moment right now, but this amethyst one takes them to a whole new level.
That gold foil! That RIDICULOUSLY realistic-looking amethyst! The fact that it may incite trypophobia!
2. Intricate Icing Cake Designs used granulated sugar and rock candy to craft the mind-blowing work of art.
Baker Rachael Teufel told BuzzFeed Life that she used multicolored modeling chocolate to set the geode in the fondant before adding gold leaf as a final touch.
Teufel whipped up the creation for an event company launch party in Denver over the weekend. The cake was part of a display that included a variety of geodes, which inspired her design.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈