1. Geode wedding cakes are having a moment right now, but this amethyst one takes them to a whole new level.
That gold foil! That RIDICULOUSLY realistic-looking amethyst! The fact that it may incite trypophobia!
2. Intricate Icing Cake Designs used granulated sugar and rock candy to craft the mind-blowing work of art.
Baker Rachael Teufel told BuzzFeed Life that she used multicolored modeling chocolate to set the geode in the fondant before adding gold leaf as a final touch.
Teufel whipped up the creation for an event company launch party in Denver over the weekend. The cake was part of a display that included a variety of geodes, which inspired her design.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰