1. Cheetahs' crazy speed comes from their claws.
2. This rapper can pronounce 14.1 syllables per second.
3. The fastest land vehicle in the world caused a sonic boom.
4. Peregrine falcons dive so fast they need a third eyelid.
5. Usain Bolt runs asymmetrically.
6. The world's fastest roller coaster was inspired by fighter jets.
7. Tiger beetles run so fast they go blind.
8. The fastest texter in the world can type 26 words in 17.5 seconds.
9. Another galaxy is hurtling toward ours at 419km/s.
10. This man can eat 13 grilled cheese sandwiches in one minute.
11. The Maglev train in Japan gets you from A to B at 603 km/h.
12. Emails may one day literally travel at the speed of light.
Not a bad selection of the world’s speediest stuff. But join TELUS and you’ll really be impressed – we’re officially Canada’s largest and fastest mobile network. Blink and you’ll miss us.
Images by Getty Images unless otherwise noted.