We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A CeraVe body wash with salicylic acid and ceramides to help you deal with any "chicken skin" flare-ups caused by the warmer weather. This will exfoliate your skin and leave it feeling moisturized!
Promising review: "My 6-year-old daughter has keratosis pilaris, commonly known as 'chicken skin.' This year it really flared up during warm weather so I gave this wash along with lotion a try. Wow, I saw results after just a few uses and after a couple of weeks most of her bumps disappeared. Thrilled we skipped a trip to the dermatologist! Can’t beat this price for the results either." —Ashley Steigerwald
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
2. A bug bite suction tool from Shark Tank if you're excited for tank tops and short shorts but not the fact that you'll be exposed to some nasty bloodsuckers. It pretty much sucks the irritant out from under your skin so you can live an itch-free life.
Promising review: "I am a magnet for bites of all kinds and carry topical and medicines with me at all times, so I figured this would be a good product to see if it really works. It arrived Monday and Tuesday morning I woke up with a bug bite on my arm, so I used this little tool (three times per the instructions) and immediately after use, it stopped itching! And less than 24 hours later the bite gone! There is a very faint red mark from using the thing but a small price to pay IMO. Bottom line: it’s awesome. I’m carrying it with me everywhere!" —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $9.95+ (available in three colors).
3. A citronella insect repellant candle because enjoying your outdoor space shouldn't also mean suffering mosquito bites. This non-toxic soy candle will not only keep those flying pests away, but because it's made with peppermint and lemon, the citronella scent won't be much of a bother.
Hippy & Hillbilly Co. is a family-run small Etsy shop that makes soothing and unique candles.
Promising review: "These wonderful candles are perfect for my back patio to keep the bugs away. They smell divine and burn so nicely. Great quality that exceeds expectation. I have already recommended this shop to several of my friends. I will order from them again and again." —Jennifer Brown
4. Or a natural insect repellent spray made using lemongrass, catnip, thyme, lavender, and peppermint essential oils. Not only will you be unappetizing to bugs, but you'll also smell amazing. Win-win!
Based on a 2-acre farm in Oregon, Wild Rose Herbs is a small Etsy shop making natural skincare products, from lip balm to tattoo aftercare products.
Promising review: “This is the ONLY insect repellent that I trust on my children and myself. The organic, natural ingredients and the care and attention Wild Rose Herbs puts into everything they create makes this an easy choice. The scent is also really lovely, which is a big plus, and IT REALLY WORKS!” —Elhi33
5. A high-voltage bug zapper because being outside is supposed to be fun, not a battle against the bloodsuckers. This will also get at those annoying gnats, moths, and flies zooming around.
Promising review: "You will not be disappointed. I just moved out to the country and have been working out in the garage late at night. With the weather getting warmer, I've had the garage doors opened and mosquitos, gnats, and everything else have been finding their way into my garage, so I had to do something about it. I bought this and hung it next to my garage door opener because there's an outlet there and it is way better than expected. I have dead bees, stink bugs, gnats, mosquitoes, and other bugs that I do not know what they are. My 8-year-old son keeps asking me to remove the bottom tray so he can see all of the dead bugs that got zapped. Again, you will not be disappointed, I'm extremely happy I bought this!" —Chris & Jenny
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
6. A weed puller with a long handle so you don't have to bend down to fight a weed's tough roots with your bare hands. Get your summer garden in tip-top shape!
Promising review: “Oh my god, I friggin' love this tool. I bought this on a whim given my husband and I bought our first house and know nothing about caring for a yard and boy has it come in handy. Our new house had a ton of weeds in the front yard and this tool helped me get most of them out in no time. In fact, the process of yanking out the weed was strangely satisfying! I don't think anyone can say that weeding is fun but this tool made it as close to fun as you can get” —JG
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
7. An oil-absorbing face roller made using absorbent volcanic stone that'll soak up any excess oil. Instant matte skin FTW!
Promising review: "I have super oily skin and am always looking for something to help control it during the day. The linen squares are good but you have to keep them around (aka keep replacing them) and they end up in the landfill. This little contraption really works and I just rinse it at the end of the day and start over again the next. I keep one in my desk and bought a second for my purse. This is magic for my shiny skin, especially on camera in my hours of Zoom everyday." —Jennifer Helseth
Get it from Amazon for $13.49.
8. Burt's Bees sunburn relief lotion formulated with coconut, aloe, and antioxidants to help soothe and hydrate your skin instantly. No need to be afraid of the sun with this by your side!
Promising review: "I’m happy to say this product works! I purchased this product due to my inability to provide my skin with appropriate sun protection one day this summer. I proceeded to spend a night wishing that I could safely freeze myself into an ice cube. Midnight discomfort lead me to this product. The initial use was a day or two after the day of regret, but it eased the discomfort and moisturized my reddened skin, helping to soften the leather layer I had started to form. Of course this review would not be complete without me faulting myself a second time. Two times in one summer I proved my inability to adult well. I applied this lotion the MINUTE I realized that I had experienced another exposure to the sun for too long a period. To my absolute joy, this product relieved my discomfort. It left a layer that stayed cool for a few hours (at which time I reapplied it), it was a little tacky to the touch (not sticky or oily), and my skin did not experience the crocodile and subsequent peeling experience it had earlier in the season. The scent is soft and not overpowering. I have experienced skin sensitivity in the past to products, but I had no issues with Burt’s Bees products. Thank you for providing me with such a helpful product." —Meghan
Get it from Amazon for $10.02.
9. An all-natural dander-reducing spray if your cat is causing a ton of sneezing in your home by scratching their dry skin and releasing dead flakes into the air. This pH-balanced formula also contains aloe vera and oatmeal to condition your cat's coat and moisturize their skin.
Promising review: “I am shocked by how well this stuff works! We have an overweight cat that has trouble grooming her back. She was so full of dandruff and greasy fur, I hated petting her, which made me very sad. We took her to the vet, and he thought it was allergies. We tried prednisone for a while, and it was clear she was less itchy, but the dandruff remained. The vet suggested different food. We already feed very high quality food, but she's been eating the same stuff for a long time, so we switched to a different flavor (different ingredients) in the same line, and there was no change. Our poor girl looked miserable. While looking for a shampoo for her, I came across this product and decided to try it before torturing her with a bath. After the first application there was a huge difference! After the second application, her dandruff is GONE. She is so soft and shiny! She finally looks healthy, and feels good to pet.” —Amber Steele
Get it from Amazon for $6.31.
10. A Gold Bond anti-friction stick so you don't have to wear bike shorts under your dresses during the spring and summer since that just makes you hotter, which defeats the purpose of wearing a dress! This non-greasy formula also soothes and moisturizes skin.
Promising reviews: "Works as promised! I'm up and about 10 hours daily and this prevents my inner thighs from rubbing against each other." —Marco Hallinan
“This is a thick-thighed person's dream! If you suffer from the dreaded 'chub rub' as I do, you need this stick in your life! I have always struggled with chafing between my thighs during warmer months when wearing dresses or shorts. This stick is a game changer. I was able to apply a bit on my inner thighs and wear a dress to DISNEYLAND ALL DAY! I didn't even reapply it throughout the day. One application and I walked like 25K steps in a dress with NO chafing at all! Magic. A true miracle. Also, the stick seems to last quite a while. I wear dresses a lot and it took me several months to run out. I will be buying this for the rest of my life!” —LilDevil1828
Get it from Amazon for $5.99.
11. Soft chew allergy supplements that'll help your itchy pup stop scratching due to skin, seasonal, or environmental allergy issues. They're also rich with vitamins, antioxidants, and probiotics to support digestion and immunity.
Promising review: "My 8-year-old shepherd is allergic to everything! He was diagnosed with discoid lupus on nose, which caused dry, crusty scabs inside his nose. I tried many options, natural and chemical to no avail. I saw this product and bought it. Within two weeks, his scabs, crust and dryness were going away! After a month, the pigment on his nose was even returning to its normal black color! This product is amazing! His allergies are improving! Buy this product, you won't be disappointed! My big boy is so much happier now! Thank you so much Zesty Paws for such a great product!" —Shepherd Mom 2
Get them from Amazon for $28.97.
12. A hot spot and itch relief spray formulated with hydrocortisone to help ease discomfort caused by allergies, insect bites, and more. This non-stinging formula can help reduce swelling, itching, and redness.
Promising reviews: "My puppy got a horrible heat rash under the legs and elbows this summer and was constantly scratching. After a couple of times spraying him, the redness and scratching subsided." —Lili
“This stuff is amazing! I have a few different kinds of sprays and shampoo and this actually seems to help my dog instantly! He doesn’t even try to get away when I’m putting it in him unlike other anti-itch or medicated pet sprays!” —Cher/Cheryl Sever
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
13. A pack of two ready-to-use fruit fly traps for luring and killing the fruit flies trying to take over your home. And each trap lasts for up to 45 days!
14. An ice roller to help freeze muscle pains right in their tracks! Just pop it in the freezer then roll it over your eyelids, neck, and back for some heat (or body ache) relief.
Promising reviews: "Fantastic on hot days to roll over face, eyes, cheeks, and neck area to cool down for heat relief." —DebA
"I was in the habit of rolling a cold can of soda on my forehead to help with tension headaches and sinus pain, but that was cumbersome and not always cold enough. This ice roller works so well to ease pain from sinuses and tension. It froze very quickly and I felt instant relief. The rolling motion even cleared my sinuses, and I could breathe better right away. I love this. Would highly recommend." —DT
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in nine colors).
15. An anti-blister balm since there's no way you're throwing out those cute wedges that rub against your ankles! Just apply some to your feet before putting shoes on to prevent blisters and raw skin.
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I wore heels that always give me blisters for eight hours, and I didn't get a single one when using this balm. It really worked! I plan on getting it again and again. I always have it in my bag at work just in case. I did find it necessary to reapply if I took my shoes off and put them on again." —Donna
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
16. An anti-nausea acupressure bracelet so an impromptu car ride or ferry trip won't lead to any day-ruining queasiness and vertigo.
17. A gel callus remover you just let your feet sit in for 5–10 minutes for silky, smooth skin ready for sandal weather. Why get a pedicure at a salon when you can get the same quality at a fraction of the price?
Promising review: “I take very good care of my 67-year-old feet. Always have cause I am a distance walker and biker. Yet summer sandal weather in Texas had them looking and feeling less than baby-pink and soft. For me it took only three minutes on the heels and ball of my foot, with a bit on the outside edge of my big toe. But WOW, this really worked. In 10 minutes total, I am soft and super smooth and good to go!” —C. brown
Get it from Amazon for $13.87.
18. A stainless steel watermelon slicer to make having this scrumptious snack a little easier this summer. Plus, it's so much cheaper than buying pre-cut fruit!
It comes with a melon baller.
Promising review: "This tool is so handy! I hate cutting watermelon and this is so fast, easy to use, and easy to wash. I cut a watermelon in less than five minutes. It cuts yellow watermelon, too!!! The included baller is great for the small leftover, hard-to-reach places." —Andrea Draine
Get it from Amazon for $12.37.
19. A set of dress weights if you like wearing dresses in summer but the wind has other things in mind. These reusable adhesive weights will keep your garment down despite the windy weather!
DressStrong is a woman-owned small business making dress weights to keep you from having Marilyn Monroe moments.
Promising review: “I love these dress weights! I used two on the front of my lightweight dress over the weekend on a pretty windy morning. My dress stayed put and I didn't have to worry about having a Marilyn Monroe moment LOL!” —maria35244
20. A pack of four big acrylic hair claws with a trendy matte finish so you can get your hair out of your face and away from your neck when the sun decides to beam down a little too intensely.
Promising review: “I didn't even think they made these clips anymore! I haven't been able to find them in stores and didn't even think about looking online. Then I just happened upon these and I am SOOOO HAPPY!! I can twist my hair up and snap one of these babies on in seconds and BAM! Instant relief from the heat and it keeps my hair out of my face. All without giving me a tension headache like most clips and ponytail holders do.” —melanie hawkins
Get it from Amazon for $11.99 (available in 18 color combinations).
21. A clinical-strength antiperspirant for 72-hour protection from odor and excessive sweating!
Make sure not to apply after showering or shaving as your underarms need to be dry and not irritated.
Promising review: "Just got inside from 80-degree weather. I CANNOT believe I have no sweat marks. To be dramatic, this is life changing. To be modest, this is life changing. Haha. I was always so embarrassed going anywhere! No matter the weather I was always dripping sweat from under my arms. I was always so self-conscious, leaving parties early, known as the sweater! No more! I’m seriously so excited about this." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $5.67.
22. A natural paw butter made from oatmeal, shea butter, and aloe vera to soothe your pup's dried and cracked lil' feet. Summer pavement can be quite the doozy! It'll also work on your pet's cracked nose!
Promising review: “One of my puppers is a super-athlete who lives to go for walks and on runs. She is about nine now and the vet gave her a stellar bill of health save one thing: her pads were getting really rough and worn from paved trails and city walks and this may be uncomfortable, especially as summer comes and pavement heats up. I was skeptical about any kind of balm as I figured that it would leave a mess on my floors or one/both dogs would just lick it off their feet. No problems whatsoever, and after a single application, both dogs' pads are really soft and supple. Hopefully the dogs can feel the difference. I can surely see it and feel it. Also, the balm smells like oatmeal cookies, so bonus for that.” —LRL
Get it from Amazon for $9.50.
23. A rechargeable, hands-free personal fan with six speeds that'll keep you cool while you brave the sun's rays.
Promising review: "The older I get, the less tolerant of the heat I become, and I live in Texas where summers can sometimes last eight months, so I was anxious to try this fan. I was NOT disappointed! My order arrived a day early, and since It was 97 degrees Fahrenheit outside, I immediately ripped open the box and turned it on. I was not disappointed! It fit comfortably over my neck, and the dual fans are adjustable so you can position them however is most comfy for you. The unit has six settings from soft, intermittent breeze to the highest constant speed, which is my personal favorite choice since I sweat easily and this keeps me the coolest. I've been saying for years that someone needs to make a personal fan that hangs over your shoulders or around your neck, and someone finally has!" —Shirley Doubleu
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in five colors).
24. A portable water dispenser so your pup can stay hydrated during walks, hikes, and brunches with friends.
Promising review: "It's very easy to use: Just press the button and tilt forward, and water comes out almost like a small waterfall. If your dog doesn't finish what's in the bowl, simply press the button and tilt back, and the water will flow back into the bottle. The bottle is made of thick, study plastic that seems to combat some of the heat from outside. It was absolutely perfect for my 6-pound Chihuahua. I HIGHLY recommend this bottle!" —Breanna Rodriguez
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two sizes and colors).
25. An epilator for long-lasting hair removal that gets at ~the root~ of the problem! Easily go several weeks without needing to shave, so breezy dresses, shorts, and skirts stay at the top of your go-to pile.
It has massage rollers and two speed settings!
Promising review: "It hurts but it works :) I haven't shaved my legs in months and used to have to every three to four days. I've seen the best results on my armpits; I used to shave them every other day but since I epilated two weeks ago, I've seen no hair growth and no hair shadow. Way more convenient than waxing, too, because you can target individual shorter hairs as they grow in rather than waiting for everything to grow back a certain length. Also IDK if this is true, but my grandma told me that after she used an epilator for five-ish years she pretty much stopped growing hair. It also hurts less every time you do it, so don't get discouraged by the very painful first session." —k3upikachu
Get it from Amazon for $39.94.
26. A Yonanas soft serve maker to turn any frozen fruit into a delicious dessert in a matter of minutes, which is especially awesome if you have dietary restrictions that prevent you from buying treats at the store. And every part of this gadget is dishwasher-safe, so cleanup will be a breeze.
Promising review: "I saw one of these in action at a friend's house like five years ago and thought it was just a made up memory, because making ice cream out of solely frozen fruit seems wild. But when I saw a TikTok about it I immediately went to Amazon and bought it. Literally this was the BEST decision of my life. I cannot believe still how amazing this thing is! It makes the creamiest, best-tasting fruit ice cream ever. It’s easy to take apart and clean, and super easy to use." —DMCKAY
Get it from Amazon for $49.95+ (available in six colors).