Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Assembly/Chill Time: 5 minutes + 5 hours
24 mini tart shells
1 ¼ cups white sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cornstarch
3 cups light cream (5%)
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces milk chocolate, broken into pieces
2 cups mini marshmallows OR 24 regular sized marshmallows
6 graham crackers, crushed
24 milk chocolate squares
1. Prepare the mini tart shells according to the instructions on the packaging OR Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C) and bake mini tart shells for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
2. In medium size saucepan whisk together 1 ¼ cups white sugar, ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
3. Add the 3 cups heavy cream and four egg yolks. Whisk to combine.
4. Heat over medium heat while whisking constantly until mixture starts to bubble around the edges and pudding thickens.
5. Remove pudding from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla and 8 ounces of milk chocolate. Stir until combined and all of the butter and chocolate is melted. Mixture should be smooth.
6. Place the baked mini tart shells on a baking sheet and pour the warm pudding into each shell.
7. Tap the baking sheet against the counter to release any air bubbles and smooth out the pudding.
8. Top each mini tart with marshmallows (mini or big) and a sprinkling of crushed graham crackers.
9. Place in the fridge for 5 hours to set.
10. Top with a square of milk chocolate just before serving.