1. Wearing a massive, snuggly coat that doubled up as a blanket for when you napped in your free periods.
2. Dressing head-to-toe in Jack Wills, Hollister, and Abercrombie & Fitch.
For some reason, gilets were very fashionable back then.
3. Wearing ballet pumps from Shoe Zone in the rain and then watching them disintegrate.
4. Concealing your lips by covering them in foundation.
5. Wearing a long cardigan that kind of made you look like a librarian, but also guaranteed that you were obeying the ridiculous uniform code.
No one could accuse you of showing any flesh.
6. Buying a New Look blazer specifically for school photo day and then never wearing it again.
7. Keeping your P.E. kit in a Jane Norman carrier.
8. Backcombing your hair to within an inch of its life.
9. Wearing those Bench jumpers with thumb holes in the sleeves.
And if you didn't have a Bench one, you just ripped holes into any old jumper.
10. Using the most ostentatious Paul's Boutique bag you could find as your school bag.
11. Plastering six or seven layers of mascara to your eye lashes.
12. Giving yourself a French manicure with a Tipp-Ex pen.
13. Pairing Uggs with leggings and a hoodie.
Tbf you still wear this to Tesco.