1. This is Andrew McCutchen.
McCutchen, 26, finished last season with a .327 batting average (the second best in the National League) and 194 hits (the most in the NL). He also had 31 home runs, 96 RBIs, and 20 stolen bases (his fourth consecutive season of >20 SBs), and led the entire National League in Offensive Wins Above Replacement (7.5).
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.