12 Good Luck New Year's Rituals From Around The World
How do you wish for good luck every December 31? Check out these rituals from around the world and find out more ways to ring in the new year right at ORGNL.TV, Stoli’s editorial, lifestyle channel.
1. Denmark: Let the Dishes Hit the Floor
2. Brazil: Wet T-Shirt Contest for All
3. Germany: Molten Metal Fortune-Telling
4. Estonia: The Strength of 7-12 Men
5. North America: Black Eyed Peas (No, Not the Band)
6. France: The Midnight Harvest
7. Bolivia: Hot Pants
8. Mexico: Great Grapes
In Mexico (as well as many other Spanish-speaking countries), eating a grape and making a wish for every chime of the clock at midnight on New Year's Day is a widely practiced custom.
9. Hungary: Burning Man
10. Venezuela: Nothing but the Bolívars, Baby
In Venezuela, to bring wealth in the New Year, it's common to hold a bill of high value while toasting at midnight.