Many people believe that long-distance relationships never work out. So BuzzFeed's Steven L. decided to record his 2,000-mile trip to his girlfriend to share the special moments that all long-distance couples can relate to.
He begins by conceding that yes, long-distance relationships do have their obstacles. It's been months since he last saw his girlfriend.
And yeah, there is that lingering feeling that the trips are always too short.
But seeing his girlfriend, Ying, for the first time in months reminds him why long distance is worth it.
1. By cherishing the limited time they have together more than anybody else they know.
2. And catching up on missed anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays.
3. Picking up the relationship right where it left off.
4. Exploring the city like old times.
5. Catching up on shows that they promised only to watch together.
6. Knowing what can make each other laugh harder than anything else in the world.
7. Walking around just enjoying each other's presence.
But *sigh* unfortunately life doesn't stop for love.
But that's why they always end their trips by planning out the next one.
So even though they're going to be 2,000 miles apart for the next three and a half years...