In the first few weeks at home, babies will require only a few gears. I indeed there is always the temptation to purchase gadgets and beautiful clothes for the baby. On the contrary, there are a few basic baby gears that you need to have.
Necessities for the newborn First and foremost, the baby wardrobe does not need to be very extensive. Since the baby develops in stages, it is always important to have priority in the gears that you buy. For example, there are basic baby gears for the first six weeks. Therefore, these should take the first list of the gears that a parent should buy. In this article we are going to have a detailed look at the basic gears baby products that parents need to know about, and why they are important.
1. Side-tie Before the baby was born, the umbilical cord offered the connection to the mother. Immediately after birth, the umbilical cord is cut to separate the two A wound if left and needs to be nursed until it has fully healed. This is why the Side-tie is an important necessity to any mother. They help the healing process of the umbilical cord.
2. Nightgowns and Sleepers You should be very keen on the nightgowns you buy, and my advice is you go for those with mittens. These are very important in preventing newborns from scratching themselves. It is important to have elastic sleepers. Buy the ones that will cover the baby from feet to neck. Furthermore, they should have snaps to enable easy changing. Sleepers facilitate a great night sleep for your baby, but on the other hand, they are suitable traveling gears for your baby. Additionally, you can have a sleeping sack. This will help you protect the baby during cold nights.
3. The Onesie and Socks You can call it the "working" outfit for the baby. Like the farmer's overall, they are designed to offer your baby maximum protection as s/he play around. Socks are very important in that, they help you as a mother to ensure that the baby feet are kept warm. Since the bay will use two or more onesie, I will advise you to buy at least six of them.
4. Baby Bath and Non-toxic baby Shampoo $ wash Newborns require daily bathing. Therefore you need a baby bath. This all plastic' baby bath will be placed in a sink or tub. It helps in simplifying the baby washing task. Ensure that, the baby shampoo or baby wash that you will use to bath the baby is particularly formulated for babies. They are very good since they are gentle on the new baby skin than the ordinary soaps.
5. Crib, mattress, and sheets If the baby is your first born, you will definitely require the Crib. This is the bed/ sleeping place for your baby because you are not supposed to sleep with your baby in your bed. Babies require a specially designed sleeping area and that's why a crib an important gear for every parent. Additionally, there will be the need for a mattress to use in the crib. The mattress should be protected by quilted mattress pads to ensure that their lifespan is prolonged. On the other hand, you need to buy crib sheets. I will advise you to go for crib sheets which are fitted, to make sure they are suitable for the nursery decoration. Since they will be washed regularly it is good that you purchase at least four of them. Blanket or a cover sheet is not necessary.
6. Disposable Diapers, Diaper cream, Diaper Pail, and Diaper Bag As a caring mother, you should ensure that you have diapers that are sufficient for two consecutive days on hand every time Ensure that the size is the appropriate one, to prevent leakage. Concurrently, ensure that you improve your stock whenever possible to be on the safe side. Diaper cream will help in ensuring the comfort of the baby. You should always avoid the ones containing petroleum products. The diaper pail is for disposal of the used diaper. It should be emptied frequently. Diaper bags help when you are going for outings.
7. Disposable Wipes They are very important when changing diapers. Furthermore, they will save you out when you are far from home. They are kept in the diaper bag while going out
8. Baby feeding bottles, bottle brush and burp cloths The first few weeks, babies feed a lot. They will eat and sleep most of the time, Therefore, you must have feeding bottles ready. To ensure the bottle is clean, you need a bottle brush. Then, to prevent your clothes from getting dirty while feeding the baby, you must have burp cloths.
9. Baby car seat, Stroller, and Baby wear carrier The baby car seat are very important. Actually, you should be having it a few weeks before giving birth. Familiarizing yourself with it before your baby is born is essential. Actually, in some hospitals, you might be prevented from leaving if you don't have the best lightweight travel system stroller, on the other hand, is very important for comfortable walks with your baby. Additionally, the stroller will help you to go shopping with your newborn as well visiting neighbors. It is designed in a way that it will keep the baby warm even during cold weather. When traveling you will also need a baby wear carrier for the baby clothes. Before purchasing a stroller, you should read reviews what's good and what to consider for choosing the best. One of the best resources about the stroller is strollerbuzz.com where they are reviewing stroller products honestly. Like me, you can read them too.
10. Sweaters and Caps They will be of great value if you reside in cold places or during winter and cold climate. A knit sweater and cap helps in keeping the baby warm. Caps are important maintaining baby's body temperature because a lot of it is lost through the head top.
There you have it, 10 important baby gears/ baby products that you should have as a parent. The list may not be complete, but these are very important to any parent who has a newborn.