1. Talk to everyone at parties, from the celebrities to the caterers.
Everyone at a party has a story to tell, regardless of the car they drive. Sure, the tanned tennis pro might be in the spotlight, but it’s often the bookish woman in the corner nursing a white wine who has a story about a time she fought, then befriended, a grizzly bear.
2. Master your passions, no matter how quirky or niche.
Just because you’re not in college any more doesn’t mean you can’t crack a book or take a class. How would your rather spend your weekend: watching golf, or learning falconry?
3. Your fashion should fit you, not the other way around.
Fashion changes so quickly that even 22-year-old underwear models can end up awkward and uncomfortable when they jump on the latest trend.
5. Start conversations, not recitations.
What would you rather hear over lunch: “How was your weekend?” or “What modern item would you send back to George Washington if you had a one-way time machine?”
8. … and when you’re asked to talk, speak with confidence, and stop at a high point.
Whether a best man’s speech, or a toast for a friend who is moving to a faraway land, just keep it fun, and end when you’re out of things to say. The only charm you need is sincerity.
Brought to you by Southern Comfort.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
LIQUEUER, 35% ALC. BY VOL., SOUTHERN COMFORT COMPANY, LOUISVILLE, KY ©2012