Spicy Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Rods
A little bit spicy, a little bit sweet: These pretzel rods pack the flavor.
Servings: 36 pretzel rods
1 11.5-oz bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tbsp plus ½ tsp coconut oil, divided
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 12-oz bag of Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzel Rods
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth. Stir in the cayenne, cinnamon, and cloves. Pour the melted chocolate into a tall, narrow container, such as a pint glass, for easier dipping.
3. Dip each pretzel rod in the melted milk chocolate to cover three-quarters of the way, allowing any excess to drip off, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes, until the chocolate sets.
4. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate chips and remaining ½ teaspoon of coconut oil. Microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
5. Remove the chocolate-covered pretzels from the refrigerator and use a spoon to drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the rods. Refrigerate for another 5 minutes to set the chocolate.
6. Store the pretzel rods in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pretzel Toffee Treats
These toffee treats aren't just adorable — they're perfectly snackable and deliciously festive, too.
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
½ cup light brown sugar
6 3.5-oz dark chocolate bars
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 cups Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Snaps®, divided
1 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
1 tsp flaky sea salt
1. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium pot, combine the butter and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove the toffee pot from the heat.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of melted dark chocolate to the prepared baking dish. Add 1½ cups of the pretzel snaps to the baking dish, arranging in an even layer. Pour the toffee over the pretzels and spread until even and smooth. Sprinkle ¾ cup of the pecans over the toffee. Add another layer of the remaining 1½ cups of pretzel snaps, then top with the remaining melted chocolate, making sure some of the pretzels are left visible. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup pecans and the flaky sea salt on top. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or in the freezer for 30 minutes, until set.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice into bars before serving.
Recipes By: Bella Lopez
Food Stylist: Jacqueline Tris
Food Stylist's Assistant: Hip Torres