1. A dollar goes an incredibly long way.
2. Reading in public will actually make you look cooler.
3. If you're walking too slowly, someone will let you know.
4. You've never eaten a proper bagel until you've eaten a fresh bagel here.
Oh, there's something in the water all right: magic.
5. Even the mailboxes have attitude.
6. There is never a need to be self-conscious — everyone is too busy doing their own thing to notice.
Pro Tip: Acting like you're the dog's tuxedo is how you get New Yorkers to treat you like the cat's meow. Or something? Just be cool.
7. Some streets are so nice they named them twice.
8. You'll have roommates even if you don't have roommates.
If NYC can give us all one thing, it's a Cinderella moment!
9. Commotion is common, but often very entertaining.
You learn that only the boring get bored in the city.
10. A very wealthy person may live in a place like this...if it's in a prime location:
11. And some stores famous for their frequent celebrity clientele look like this:
12. But you're never too far away from stunning architecture.
13. The streets are basically catwalks.
14. People aren't rude, they're just busy!
Making friends is easy in the city...as long as you're not approaching someone en route, waiting for the train, or looking at their watch.