You've just found out that your best friend is about to start at your work, so you're all like this:
Because every day in the office is going to be like this:
What could possibly go wrong?
1. Expectation: They’ll be really grateful that you helped them find a new job.
Reality: There’s now a weird power switch in your relationship.
2. Expectation: You're going to make a great team!
Reality: Your work ethic isn't compatible with their sloth.
3. Expectation: You're going to have someone to gossip with nonstop!
Reality: Oh dear God — they never shut up.
Or else they're a bit unpproachable at work.
4. Expectation: Working with your friend is going to make your job easier.
Reality: It's really hard to be professional when you're with your partner in crime 24/7.
"We work in an office, Lucy, not the Magic Mystery Machine. There's no time for adventures, dammit."
5. Expectation: You've got an automatic alibi when you're hungover at work.
Reality: Your lie is even less convincing when two of you are suffering from the same "illness."
"There's obviously a bug going around…"