Makes: 12 cupcakes
Serving size: 2 servings per cupcake
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1 sticks unsalted butter
8 ounces powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp raspberry jam preserves
2-4 drops red food coloring
8 ounces Skittles® America Mix
- Preheat oven to 350℉/175℃
- To make the cake: Cream the butter and sugar with an hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, making sure fully incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. Slowly add to the butter mixture. Mix well until fully incorporated
- Fill lined cupcake pans ¾ of the way. Bake 18-22 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare the buttercream. Zest the lemon, set the zest aside.
- Sift powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, cream butter in a separate mixing bowl until nice and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, about ½ cup at a time, making sure it is fully mixed in before adding more.
- Add the raspberry preserves, zest, milk, and 2-4 drops food coloring.
- To assemble, carve out a 1 inch piece from the center of each cupcake, save the ‘lid’.
- Fill each cupcake with a scant ¼ cup Skittles® and put the reserved lid back on.
- Frost the cupcakes with lime buttercream and decorate with more Skittles® .
Nutrition Per Serving:
Total Fat: 5.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 40.9g
Total Sugars: 33.5g