1. U.S. women’s soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach married her longtime girlfriend and teammate Sarah Huffman this past weekend.
3. The ceremony was small and intimate, but acknowledged by Wambach on Wednesday afternoon:
Sarah and I wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support. We couldn’t be happier. What an amazing week it’s been. #honeymoon
7. And on Twitter, Huffman slyly showed off her beautiful ring.
semi final v sky blue. lets go flash. âš¡âš½ & im following in others footsteps for equality #luckynailpolish #ithinkso
8. Leading up to the big day, teammates and friends sent their well wishes:
Ahhhh congrats to two of the best people I know. I wish you a happy crazy love filled life together â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸
10. Naturally it seemed nearly the entire U.S. women’s team was in attendance.
11. A few of the guests included:
14. USWNT forward Alex Morgan — who did some very important cliff-jumping with Leroux:
â€œ@sydneyleroux: Cliff jumping with @alexmorgan13 in Kauai! â€ #amaze
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️