1. U.S. women’s soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach married her longtime girlfriend and teammate Sarah Huffman this past weekend.
3. The ceremony was small and intimate, but acknowledged by Wambach on Wednesday afternoon:
Sarah and I wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support. We couldn’t be happier. What an amazing week it’s been. #honeymoon
7. And on Twitter, Huffman slyly showed off her beautiful ring.
semi final v sky blue. lets go flash. âš¡âš½ & im following in others footsteps for equality #luckynailpolish #ithinkso
8. Leading up to the big day, teammates and friends sent their well wishes:
Ahhhh congrats to two of the best people I know. I wish you a happy crazy love filled life together â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸
10. Naturally it seemed nearly the entire U.S. women’s team was in attendance.
11. A few of the guests included:
14. USWNT forward Alex Morgan — who did some very important cliff-jumping with Leroux:
â€œ@sydneyleroux: Cliff jumping with @alexmorgan13 in Kauai! â€ #amaze
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- The New York Giants have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️