1. U.S. women’s soccer star and two-time Olympic gold medalist Abby Wambach married her longtime girlfriend and teammate Sarah Huffman this past weekend.
3. The ceremony was small and intimate, but acknowledged by Wambach on Wednesday afternoon:
Sarah and I wanted to thank everyone for all the love and support. We couldn’t be happier. What an amazing week it’s been. #honeymoon
7. And on Twitter, Huffman slyly showed off her beautiful ring.
semi final v sky blue. lets go flash. âš¡âš½ & im following in others footsteps for equality #luckynailpolish #ithinkso
8. Leading up to the big day, teammates and friends sent their well wishes:
Ahhhh congrats to two of the best people I know. I wish you a happy crazy love filled life together â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸
10. Naturally it seemed nearly the entire U.S. women’s team was in attendance.
11. A few of the guests included:
14. USWNT forward Alex Morgan — who did some very important cliff-jumping with Leroux:
â€œ@sydneyleroux: Cliff jumping with @alexmorgan13 in Kauai! â€ #amaze
- Pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen have topped France's 1st round for president. They face off in 2 weeks 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in a bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- A fan of K-Pop group BTS reimagined the 7-members within the world of Harry Potter and it's magical ✨