1. Colban Clark, a freshman at the American Academy of Art, shared a story from class on his Tumblr:
Last Wednesday one of my teachers that knows I’m trans* was talking to me in front of the class and used the wrong pronouns. 5 mins later she came up to me, handing me a really nice brand new sketch book and simply said “Merry Christmas” and walked away. I took the sketchbook and said thanks and I opened it up to find a note saying “Sorry I called you a she.” Little things like this can just make my day.
3. Colban’s reaction to the gesture:
“I wasn’t used to any teacher (or even adult figure) correcting themselves unless I corrected them first or said something, so I was really happy that she understood and realized what that meant to me. I could tell she was embarrassed that she even made that mistake, which is why she gave me the sketchbook. I was glad she didn’t make it a big deal and just stuck a note in a book. It was really casual and that way no one in class had to witness her apologizing and being flustered about even making the mistake.”
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.