1. Colban Clark, a freshman at the American Academy of Art, shared a story from class on his Tumblr:
Last Wednesday one of my teachers that knows I’m trans* was talking to me in front of the class and used the wrong pronouns. 5 mins later she came up to me, handing me a really nice brand new sketch book and simply said “Merry Christmas” and walked away. I took the sketchbook and said thanks and I opened it up to find a note saying “Sorry I called you a she.” Little things like this can just make my day.
3. Colban’s reaction to the gesture:
“I wasn’t used to any teacher (or even adult figure) correcting themselves unless I corrected them first or said something, so I was really happy that she understood and realized what that meant to me. I could tell she was embarrassed that she even made that mistake, which is why she gave me the sketchbook. I was glad she didn’t make it a big deal and just stuck a note in a book. It was really casual and that way no one in class had to witness her apologizing and being flustered about even making the mistake.”
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage and holiday pay in a landmark tribunal ruling 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀