1. The only thing Wade Addison wants for his 25th birthday is to raise $25,000 in 25 days.
4. Addison discussed the inspiration for the project with BuzzFeed:
I grew up in small town Texas, northwest of Houston, in a conservative, religious community. Having grown up with a Deacon of Missions for a father and in a generally tithing, benevolent family, you could say that raising both awareness and funds for various causes just comes somewhat naturally to me. And while I’d love to be able to write The Trevor Project a check for $25,000 and call it a day, having just finished my final day as an overworked advertising account executive last week, I’m in no place to do so as a now unemployed twenty-something. With that in mind, and knowing that 25 is a significant milestone, I figured, “why not go all out for my twenty-fifth birthday?!” And that’s what we’re going to be doing over the next 25 days with 25 for Trevor: giving it our all to educate anyone and everyone who will listen in hopes that they will become familiar with The Trevor Project. Hopefully they’ll be compelled to donate even $5 to support their mission of ending suicide among our LGBTQ youth and saving young lives.
5. The campaign will feature videos and photos of various individuals along with a personal quote or reflection from each.
6. The campaign launch video states:
9. With help from director and cinematographer Taylor Ballantyne and photographer Jen Kiraly, the group hopes to spread word of their challenge quickly.
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘