1. 22-year-old Angel Haze has always been candid about her sexual identity, recently speaking out on her own version of Macklemore’s “Same Love.”
The song’s lyrics include:
“At age 13 my mother knew I wasn’t straight
she didn’t understand but she had so much to say
she sat me on the couch looked me straight in my face
and said you’ll burn in hell or probably die of AIDS”
2. During an intervew with Fusion TV, she was asked directly about her pansexuality.
3. First, she swiftly shut down the need for labels.
4. Then, she was actually asked to define the term “pansexuality.”
5. And just like that, class was in session.
Angel Haze: I define it as someone who sees people for who they are and not gender. I don’t base all of my relationships off of sex.
I’m still a virgin, I don’t really care about that. I care about connecting with people on a deeper level and actually having something to talk about and something to work for— something we’re both interested in. It’s viable, you know? I want something deep-rooted…
…versus having something that’s just rooted in literal sexual tension. It doesn’t really mean anything to me.
To kind of identify as pansexual, to me, means to just want love. To have a connection with anyone you can find it with.
15. Watch the full interview here.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning. The number of injuries remains unclear.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.