5. This one time, he even performed in front of the Queen of Denmark:
7. But, ballet isn’t always the greatest creative outlet.
11. His profile on the site reads:
Jett Black has been an artist his entire life. He loves to move his body and perform in front of other people, so you can see why making porn is no different to him. In fact, being naked on screen adds another layer of depth when he’s expressing himself, a certain ‘raw passion’ he says, that he’s proud to share with the world.
16. He explained his decision to pursue a career in porn to the National Post:
Then, during my stay at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, I decided I would like to gain more experience, both with my sexuality, with myself in a safe way where I could control it, but also experience other sides of me artistically […] In ballet, we deal with a lot of man-woman sex-love relationships [on stage], but we rarely actually deal with it on an emotional basis, so it can be difficult to understand [gay relationships].
18. After a school canceled his speaking appearance, having discovered his work in porn, Conner Habib wrote:
“The reason I was banned was because she’d changed her mind after discovering that I was not, as she’d thought, an educator who used to be in porn, but rather a university instructor before I started appearing in adult films[…] Porn, a form that has been with us for thousands of years and which deeply intertwines with all cultures, deserves deep and serious thinking, not off-the-cuff dismissal and a silencing of public discussion.”
20. After his story gained national attention, Black, eh Hansen, tweeted his thanks to all who are supporting him:
Thank you to everyone for your tremendous support today. You give me inspiration and pride to be the artist and the person I need to be.
21. Filmmaker Bruce LaBruce even reached out with some potential ideas:
@JttBlack Why don’t we do a porn ballet? You star, I’ll direct. Possible title: The Nutcracker
@JttBlack Have U seen the porn classic Ballet Down the Highway directed by the great Jack Deveau? Let’s do a remake! http://t.co/Y3waZORh8a
@BruceLaBruce I have! It was a very controversial piece in the late 70’s! Lets do it!
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️