1. Illinois Rep. Ron Sandack (R) addressed hundreds of same-sex marriage protesters who gathered outside his Downers Grove office:
“With all due and humble respect, I truly appreciate you coming out and exercising your constitutional right to petition your government and make your voice known. Truly have my respect.”
5. They didn’t want to hear it.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸