1. President Barack Obama delivered the commencement speech at Morehouse College on Sunday in Atlanta, Georgia.
3. The crowd at the commencement ceremony buzzed and whispered loudly when Obama addressed the gay men in the audience directly.
5. “Be the best father you can be to your children. Because nothing is more important.”
6. He would later add:
As Morehouse Men, many of you know what it’s like to be an outsider; know what it’s like to be marginalized; know what it’s like to feel the sting of discrimination. And that’s an experience that a lot of Americans share. Hispanic Americans know that feeling when somebody asks them where they come from or tell them to go back. Gay and lesbian Americans feel it when a stranger passes judgment on their parenting skills or the love that they share. Muslim Americans feel it when they’re stared at with suspicion because of their faith. Any woman who knows the injustice of earning less pay for doing the same work — she knows what it’s like to be on the outside looking in.
7. Images from the commencement speech:
11. Full Video:
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media ooutlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.