4. Coming from different backgrounds, it turned out they were a perfect match for each other.
6. On July 1st of this year, the couple applied for a marriage license from the Norfolk Circuit Court Clerk. Because they are a same-sex couple, their request was denied.
7. The couple spoke today at AFER’s 10 a.m. news conference:
10. Together for nearly 30 years, they have lived in Virginia since 1982.
12. Their daughter is now 15-years-old, and more than anything Carol wishes to be recognized as a parent by the state of Virginia.
13. The couple spoke today at a 10 a.m. news conference on the federal challenge:
14. Watch the full video:
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯