4. Coming from different backgrounds, it turned out they were a perfect match for each other.
6. On July 1st of this year, the couple applied for a marriage license from the Norfolk Circuit Court Clerk. Because they are a same-sex couple, their request was denied.
7. The couple spoke today at AFER’s 10 a.m. news conference:
10. Together for nearly 30 years, they have lived in Virginia since 1982.
12. Their daughter is now 15-years-old, and more than anything Carol wishes to be recognized as a parent by the state of Virginia.
13. The couple spoke today at a 10 a.m. news conference on the federal challenge:
14. Watch the full video:
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration. Cars and storefronts have been vandalized, over 90 arrested.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.