1. Last December, Jane Abbot Lighty, 77, and Pete-e Peterson, 85, became the first same-sex couple in Washington State to recieve a marriage license.
2. Prior to recieving their marriage license, they had been together for 30 years:
3. Last Sunday, they were among several gay and lesbian couples to help raise an equality flag above the Seattle Space Needle:
13. The couple would later serve as marshals in the annual Seattle Pride Parade.
15. Social Outreach Seattle’s video footage of the historic moment:
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.