1. This Fall, MTV and Logo will feature a one-hour documentary exploring the experiences of trans youth, BuzzFeed can exclusively reveal. In addition to executive producing, Orange Is The New Black’s Laverne Cox will be the documentary’s host.
3. According to a spokesperson at MTV and Logo, the documentary subjects were found without the use of traditional casting methods.
Some of the youth featured in the documentary reached out to Cox themselves during her college speaking tour, while others were found through personal YouTube channels.
4. Although few details are known at this time, it’s not too early to get excited about it.
2014 is already a busy year for Cox, as she works through a schedule of speaking tours at various colleges and finishes working on her documentary FREE CECE, which examines the culture of violence experienced by trans women of color. The second season of Orange Is The New Black premieres on June 6 on Netflix.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱