1. Singer Jessica Ellen Cornish, better known as Jessie J, took to her Twitter last night to denounce her bisexuality, declaring she is interested in “only men.”
3. At a 2011 concert the singer yelled to the crowd, “Jessie J Is bisexual!”
17. Some people felt her actions perpetuated the stereotype that bisexuality is “just a phase.”
20. And still others didn’t want to talk about her sexuality at all.
23. UPDATE – April 8, 10:08 a.m. : Jessie J responded to the backlash from her original tweets.
I was becoming famous at the very same time and felt pressure to tell everyone all my business that really looking back was really no ones to know. I fell for a person who happened to be a girl. Every other relationship I’ve had has been with a man. My record label didn’t care and it wasn’t part of my launch! Then I was asked in an interview back in the day about relationships, first time ever, and I was honest and then BAM it took over, the word bisexual before my name on almost every article I read? Like I had to say it when I introduced myself? It was crazy. Instantly I was boxed. But at the same time felt I was put forward as spokes person to break out of those same boxes? Weird. Who made it a big deal? Me? No. The media? Yes. I’m not looking for sympathy I am just being real. And yeah I have learnt to keep things private the hard way because of this exact reason. So I keep my relationships private now.
24. You can check out the singer’s Twitter account for yourself right here.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨