1. Tyler Seguin has yet to play for the Dallas Stars, but he is already in a bit of trouble with his new team.
3. The Dallas Stars organization responded with this statement:
In no way, shape or form does the Dallas Stars organization condone or agree with the message that was sent out through Tyler Seguin’s Twitter feed last night. We’ve addressed the issue directly with Tyler and we’ll continue to work on educating our players regarding the importance of their conduct on all forms of social media.
4. According to Sports Illustrated, the player blamed hackers for the incident, and then deleted his twitter account.
The hockey player tweeted: After repeated attempts by “hackers” to try to damage my reputation I have decided to shut down my twitter account for a while.—
Tyler Seguin (@tylerseguin92) July 07, 2013
5. Founder of the You Can Play Project, Patrick Burke blames Seguin’s friends for the tweet:
It’s obviously his moron “friends” grabbing his phone and projecting their stupidity all over his public reputation.
6. This is not the first time Seguin has been in trouble for his tweets. Last April he tweeted:
He later apologized by tweeting, “Last night I made an insensitive comment which I sincerely regret. It was my mistake and I want to apologize to those who were offended.”— Tyler Seguin (@tylerseguin92) April 23, 2013
7. It’s not surprising one of the reasons Seguin was traded to Dallas was a lack of maturity.
According to The Boston Globe, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said, “He’s got to become more of a professional. You know what? I can say that about a lot of 21-year-olds. I know he got criticized for playing on the periphery and all that stuff. He did. He’s got to commit to being a professional and focusing on the game. Simple as that. He does that, we don’t expect him to be crashing and banging. Just play your game.”
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.