2. Artistic director EA Bukanova paired Anastasia Ivanova’s images with text from Kate Bond’s interviews with the subjects.
3. Katerina, 20 and Zhanna, 25
“Eventually, our plan is to leave the country and move to Europe. That way, we can live our lives to the fullest and stop hiding away.”
4. Victoria, 24 and Dasha, 27
“Outside, we always hold hands and kiss each other on the cheek. Sometimes you’ll catch a look and once we had a bad experience, when somebody threw a stone while we were walking through the park hand-in-hand.”
5. Irina, 27 and Antonina, 31
“In the future, all we want is to keep our little family together. Maybe if we’re lucky one day we’ll have a child.”
6. Kate, 29 and Nina, 32
“Tragedy brought us together. Kate was celebrating her friend’s birthday on a boat when it collided with another. Nine of the 16 people on board were killed, but Kate survived, and Nina was among those who arrived on the scene. It took us five months to realise we were in love and wanted to be together.”
8. View the entire photography series here.
- Actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Some of Europe's most vulnerable children are seeking refuge in the UK only to disappear from care and possibly fall into the clutches of people-traffickers.