1. Kaitlyn Hunt, the 18-year-old Florida cheerleader charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a minor, her 15-year-old high school girlfriend, rejected a plea bargain today.
If convicted, Hunt faces up to 15 years in prison and would have to register as a sex offender.
2. At the press conference concerning her case, she was overwhelmed with emotion and unable to speak:
When later asked how she was doing, Kaitlyn responded, “Everyday is different. Some days i’m my happy self, and some days i’m overwhelmed, other days i’m scared… so it’s just kinda like I have my days.”
In response to accusations that the family is seeking special treatment because kaitlyn was in a same-sex relationship, Kaitlyn’s lawyer, Charles Sullivan, emphasizes, “The gender, sexual orientation, of the parties has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution.”
If the family had accepted the plea deal, Kaitlyn would still have been considered a convicted felon and had to have attended sex offender counseling.
4. Kaitlyn said on Today, “I’m definitely hoping for a better plea deal. If not, we will just have to do everything we can to win the fight.”
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀