4. In fact, all three people on the show continued to incorrectly refer to Private Manning.
5. Criminal defense attorney Richard Herman, a regular CNN guest, stated:
It’s absurd. Sometimes we have to step back and say, ‘you know, some of these cases we cover, this is beyond insanity.’ There’s no way that taxpayers are going to pay a hundred thousand dollars for a gender transformation for this guy while he’s in prison.
6. He ended with this sentence:
7. To end the segment, Friedman laughed about Manning’s appearance stating, “You know, when he puts that wig and lipstick on, the guy’s a dead ringer for Tonya Harding.”
9. The following day on MSNBC, Jeffrey Addicott, director of the Center for Terrorism Law, suggested that Manning could be lying about her gender dysphoria.
Host Mara Shiavocampo had asked him if the government had a responsibility to protect prisoners from “imminent harm.”
10. He stated:
No. I mean, I’m not going to coddle this person. He’s still a male. He has the male genitalia. He’s going in to serve with males. I mean, what a great idea. If I’m convicted, I can say “I’m now a female, throw me in with the female prisons.” I mean, we can’t bring ourselves down to the level of these type of criminal - he’s a criminal, he’s a convicted criminal. He doesn’t have these rights. His right is to go to jail and serve your time. We’ll protect you as we protect any other prisoner. Have a nice day.
12. At the close of the segment he states:
People out there, don’t send me angry emails that I refered to him as Bradley and not Chelsea and him instead of her. I don’t do what Bradley Manning wants me to do. So thanks very much.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏